Human being is very easy to manipulate. Don’t take it personally, it is something that happens to all of us. Happens in all aspects of life and at any age, and the wine, it is only one more facet of our reality.
• Price: they tend to be rejected both the wines too cheap (below 4€) how expensive wines from 15€ for thinking or a wine is not worth that price or that are not going to appreciate.
• Denomination of origin: land do not understand of bureaucracy. Even so, there are two more popular than others and positive and negative factors.
• Environmental Factors: the temperature of the room, comfort of the furniture, lighting, ambient music, the outside temperature.
• Grape Variety: that is developed with particular characteristics depending on the conditions of the terrain, weather…
• Household: it is not the same drink in a plastic cup, in blind (black glasses that do not view their content), a type of glass or other, etc.
• Typology of wine: what happens when you take rosé wine thinking that it is a white, or when testing a semi-without knowing it. How does the foster care or aging , that is to say, that you think step by barrel or not. Does the same in white and rosé wines that in red wines?
• Pairings: type of food to pair, the time of consumption (before or after), the amount and the quality of the same in your perception of the wine.
• Company: how it affects the presence of experts at your side, or neophytes, or people you trust that you have fun.
• Time: how it influences the duration of the event or the time it takes to consume the product, how it affects the expected you to serve him, that you charge. And the order of wine tasting?
• Quantity: How does the amount of wine served in the cup, the number of wines that you drink and the amount of alcohol you consume?
• Weather or occasion: weather, day of the week, month (Weekends daily, special occasions, personal situation (wedding, travel, etc).
As you can see there are many factors and their combinations is almost endless. However, in spite of the simplification that leads to draw conclusions from a complex topic, the result is surprising.
To carry out the same, ask the audience to after each of the games, participants answered a few simple questions relevant to the theme of the game. These questions, let us know your opinion on the factors under study and these are our conclusions:
1) Not everyone knows of wines, but everybody knows that wine you like and which are not.
It turned out that, regardless of previous experience, all participants had taste and smell as well as sight; this, which seems a truism, does not seem to have it clear beginners who think they are not going to be able to identify the characteristics of a wine for not having done so.
2) The knowledge does not always help.
To know about wines implies having patterns stored, made some dogmas, to guide you through the head and underestimate the information that you provide the senses by giving priority to what looks like things are. This makes your prejudices about any of the above-mentioned aspects make you vulnerable. Therefore, those who did not know and had little experience with them, they used to win more frequently than those with more knowledge.
The wine has traditionally been a product with too much paraphernalia. There are those who treat you with respect confused with the snobbery. We respect so much (wine from wine cellar, taking care of your service temperature, the type of glass, advising the client and reporting on their features, and a long etc.).
We can put in evidence your senses and the prejudices of your brain and although this ugly to say, we have a lot of fun together with you having made known unto us. If you doubt the sense more treacherous is the view. Most of the prejudice part of information that comes from this sense by what we give the gold medal in this sense. In the second place, and contrary to what you think, the betrayal comes from the hand of the touch.
In the second place, and contrary to what you think, the betrayal comes from the hand of the touch. The texture, and the perception of temperature change to a large extent your perception of the wine.
And in third place is the taste, which in normal conditions prevails over the previous two but forcing common situations in the market (below or over temperature condition of service) completely changes your perception of the product.
We ended up with the timely clarification: this is not law. Just an opinion based on the experience of a significant sample of our society. Surely share some of these facts and others not so much. You are, think what you think, share it. The views such as wine, shared, always know best!
Note: This article is the result of our experience. Under the title of Wine Challenge, we have carried out more than 100 events over 16 cities by those who have been around 2,000 people of all ages (age of majority), socio-economic conditions and more diverse backgrounds. In addition, and perhaps most important, with different profiles of relationship with the world of wine, from the blessed ignorance to professional reputation.